Driver / Field Tech for Directional Boring Crew
Hold a valid CDL Class A license with tanker endorsement.
- Guarantee all company safety precautions and quality standards are met.
- Exposing underground utilities by hand (potholing) to ensure everyone on job site is kept safe and to prepare the bore path.
- Inform manager of any problems with the vehicles or machinery to ensure the safety of everyone at the job site.
- Appropriate PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) shall be worn (when applicable) including but not limited to safety vests, hard-hat, protective eyewear, gloves, ear plugs, and steel toed boots.
- Ensure that safety cones, lights, and appropriate vehicle flagging, and lane closure precautions are met.
- Assist in loading and unloading of equipment and supplies needed to complete the job
- Hand digging with shovels, post hole diggers, jackhammer, etc.
- Operate necessary equipment after being trained, evaluated and cleared by manager.
- Maintain the “operator care” standards by ensuring that equipment and vehicles are cleaned and properly maintained as well as inspecting the machinery daily. All maintenance work performed must be documented on hand written maintenance logs.
- Operation of mini excavator and or mud vac as necessary.
- Ensure that the trailer, truck and toolboxes are kept in good order, properly stocked and easily accessible.
- Wash, clean and maintain trucks and trailers as assigned by manager.
- Complete a vehicle inspection as designated on the Pickup/Truck Inspection Report and fill out the form daily. Some of these items include checking fluids, oil level, tire pressure, grease points on all equipment and vehicles.
- Organize tools, toolbox, trailer and replenish stock daily in preparation for the job.
- Ensure that all garbage/debris are removed from the worksite, trailer, equipment and vehicle at the end of every day.
- Ensure vehicle is filled with adequate fuel at the shop before travelling to work site for the day. Hours, Gallons, and Vehicle number shall be recorded on fuel sheets located in the shop.
JOB SITE TASKS
- Place conduit/cable or pipe in trenches, splice conduit sections, install couplers, pedestals, vaults, etc. to complete construction tasks.
- Complete job site clean-up including but not limited to refilling holes, trenches, and compact soil to ensure that it is packed down and level. Ensure that shrubs, plants, flower and landscape is left I the same condition that it was found in.
- Place temporary asphalt patches on streets as needed.
- Replace sidewalks as needed.
- Lay rock, dirt, grass seed, sod, sand, straw, etc. as needed.
- Ensure that all cones and signage is appropriate stored on a nightly basis.
- Ensure that all garbage/debris are removed from the worksite at the end of every day.
- Report on progress to managers, drill operators, locators, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience.
Underground Systems and E-verify:
At Underground Systems, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Underground Systems uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Underground Systems is a Georgia Drugs Don’t Work-Drugfree Work Place participate.